Preventing Risky Behaviors
The pressures facing people today – from early childhood through adulthood – continue to mount, placing increasing numbers at risk and making them vulnerable to serious problems like substance use and addiction, depression, bullying anxiety, and risky interpersonal relationships.
JCS provides high quality, interactive educational programs that increase knowledge and awareness about factors that can impact physical, emotional and behavior health while helping children, teens, and adults develop skills that promote healthy decision making, enhance wellbeing, and build resilience.
We are proud to offer a wide range of program choices for you and your organization. Our professional Health Educators will tailor a program for various ages (early childhood through adulthood), religious sensitivities, and other needs. In addition to the vast number of programs described in our Program Catalog, we continuously develop new programs to address current issues and trends. If you don’t see a topic, call us and we may be able to design a presentation that meets your specific needs.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid training teaches school staff, youth workers, parents, human service workers, and other community members how to recognize and help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis.
- Age-appropriate, experiential education about substance use, including opioids, fulfills the State’s “Start Talking, Maryland” mandate.
- Mindfulness programs help students of all ages manage their physical, emotional, and behavioral reactions to challenging situations, build resilience, and develop tools for reducing anxiety and stress.
- HIV 101 programs, supported by the Steven Kaufman AIDS Outreach Fund, meet State guidelines for HIV/AIDS Prevention Education and Comprehensive Health Education.
- Bullying prevention programs for pre-school through high school-aged kids have been featured in on-air and print media.
In addition to Prevention Programs, we offer:
ifIknew.org – a multi-media intitiative for Young Adult