Adoption Support Services
Adoptive families may face unique issues in raising their children. Jewish Community Services (JCS) of Baltimore and Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) in Rockville partner to provide a range of coordinated services to adoptive families, adoptees and birth parents in the Baltimore-Washington area.
JSSA’s Adoption Options, a licensed child-placing agency, provides
- Private consultations to identify adoption alternatives
- Home studies
- Counseling for birth parents
- Private adoption services
- Required post-placement supervision for domestic and international adoptions and support and guidance throughout the adoption process.
JCS’ Adoption Alliances, a licensed adoption program, provides
- Information, education and referral to adoptive families and those touched by adoption
- Post-adoption services, including counseling and support to adoptive families throughout the life cycle
- Support groups
- Adoption Alliances also facilitates searches and reunions including a monthly support group for people interested in adoption search issues. The group is open to adult adoptees, adoptive parents, birth parents, and birth siblings.
For more information about adoption services, contact JCS at:
301-816-2697 / email@example.com
Click the puzzle piece to read our “Parent Talk” blog.