Substance Use Disorder Services
Substance Use Disorder affects the young and the old, rich and poor, men and women. Like any challenge we face during our lives, our chances for success are much better with the support of family and community.
A resource for families of individuals with substance use disorders, the JCS Family Navigator’s goal is to ensure that family members have the information, support, and resources they need to cope with the stressors and challenges they may experience in response to their loved one’s struggles with the disease. Our Family Navigator meets with one or more family members to determine their needs and collaborate on a plan of action.
• Assessment to clarify the current situation, and to identify and prioritize needs
• Education to help family members better understand substance use disorder, their loved one’s behaviors, their own reactions, and the realities of recovery
• Guidance in locating and navigating behavioral health services including inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, therapy, support groups, and helplines
• Connection to wraparound services including career services, case management, prevention education, and counseling
• Follow-Up to provide ongoing support, as needed
To learn more about the Family Navigator program, contact: Naami Resnick, LGPC, NCC at 410-843-7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our behavioral health clinicians provide individual, family and group therapy that can help people explore and address issues that may have contributed to their substance use, and support their efforts in recovery.
As part of our Prevention Education, JCS offers age-appropriate education and outreach to raise awareness among children, teens, and adults about substance use and other behavioral health issues that can impact their physical, emotional, mental wellbeing.
For more information about any of our services or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 410-466-9200.