Employment Services for Varying Abilities
Jewish Community Services is certified by Maryland’s Developmental Disabilities Administration, Division of Rehabilitation Services, and Behavioral Health Administration to provide specialized services that help individuals with varying abilities find and maintain employment.
What does the JCS Career Center provide?
- Career Assessments (Comprehensive, Exploratory, Focused, Itemized)
- Community Based Work Adjustment Training (CBWAT – Job Readiness)
- Long Term Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Support
- Career Coaching
- Job Development
- On-site and Off-site Job Coaching
- Long Term Supported Employment for Persons with Developmental Disabilities and those with Chronic Mental Health Issues
- Travel Training
- Benefits Counseling
- Case Management
- Coordination of Job Support Services
Why choose JCS?
- Highly trained and experienced professional staff
- Individualized approach to meeting each client’s unique needs and employment goals
- One-on-one career coaching and group workshops enhance skills and marketability
- Resource Centers with universal work stations, computers, current software, tutorials, internet access, office equipment, job search publications, and reference materials
- Dedicated job development across a wide range of occupations and industries targets positions matching skills, abilities, interests, qualifications, and accommodation needs
Services are open to the community. We can assess your eligibility for State or subsidized funding and help you access these resources.