Service Technician - #11000-STC
A property management company is seeking an experienced and energetic Service Technician with strong carpentry skills to perform general maintenance and upkeep for a 500-unit garden-style apartment community. The position is responsible for the general maintenance of the community and apartment homes. Service Technicians are actively involved in the turnover of vacant apartment homes, provide resident-requested maintenance service, and participate in the after-hours emergency service programs. The service team interacts with customers and residents on a daily basis and is expected to provide quality service at all times.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, locks, etc.
- Paint interior and exterior areas
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing
- Assist in grounds work when necessary
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning windows, etc., in common areas
- Repair concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, when required
- Perform limited extermination services, when required
- Participate in the emergency on-call schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage
- Be responsible for inventory control and utilization of maintenance materials
- Assist with annual unit apartment inspections
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all heating/ventilation/air conditioning equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed
- Understand water and gas meter cutoffs, and all apartment and fixture cutoffs
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and that adequate lighting in those areas is maintained
- Maintain knowledge regarding goods and services of contracts and suppliers
- Assist in apartment move-in and move-out inspections
- Comprehensive knowledge of general maintenance functions and activities, including plumbing, electrical, and appliance repairs
- Proficiency in carpentry
- Self-starter, team player and demonstrate excellent people skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be prepared to be on call for after-hours emergencies
Position Type: Full time
Salary Range: Depending on experience
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Zip Code: Baltimore