Mission, Vision and Values
Through the programs and services of Jewish Community Services, families and individuals will be supported in meeting basic needs for economic sufficiency; in living independently; in achieving mental health and competence; and in feeling supported by and connected to the Jewish community in ways that are meaningful to them.
We envision a community in which everyone is able to achieve their highest quality of life and well-being.
As a Jewish human services agency that serves both the Jewish community and the general community, we commit ourselves to:
- Preserving human dignity by demonstrating compassion and empathy in all of our interactions, by respecting the unique qualities of every person, and by treating everyone in a sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
- Practicing Tikkun Olam by providing the highest quality services to those who seek support and assistance, by enriching lives through applying our professional knowledge and expertise, and by engaging members of the community to assist in our mission.
- Promoting independence by fully engaging those we serve to participate in the helping process and by empowering people to make their own choices and find their own pathways to living productive and meaningful lives.
- Ensuring compliance with the highest professional and business ethics by strictly adhering to confidentiality standards, by being fiscally responsible and fully accountable for stewardship of the resources with which we are entrusted.
- Fostering inclusivity by focusing on what unites us as human beings, by collaborating with other organizations to enhance services, and by welcoming the unique gifts that everyone brings to achieving our mission.